Digital & Internet marketing are similar concepts. Internet marketing is a channel for promoting services & products, attracting and retaining customers who use only the Internet. This includes SEO/SEM, SMM (social media marketing), online advertising, and the like.Digital or digital marketing is an integrated approach that includes all online and offline channels (QR codes on flyers, IoT, interactive screens, POS terminals, etc.).The development of technology and the struggle for customers take digital marketing to a new level. Companies that become pioneers and introduce completely new approaches to promotion occupy empty advertising niches.
Why is digital marketing necessary?
If you ask yourself what role marketing plays in product development, it is obvious that it is the leading one. At the beginning of its formation, one of the main ideas of marketing was that market leaders should produce the best product in large quantities.Now your product, no matter how good it is, will not be recognized without digital tools.
The main reasons why it's time to create or improve your Digital Marketing Strategy:
1. Constant growth in the number of Internet users, growth statistics
2. Increasing business and customer demand for a safe and convenient online environment and its promotion. One of the factors behind the rapid transition from offline to online has been the COVID-19 pandemic.
3. Your future customers are people who were born and raised in the digital environment. Most of them make spontaneous/emotional shopping decisions on social media. Social media statistics
4. Your customers and competitors are online. The more digital marketing channels you cover, the more you will learn about competitor strategies and your users.
5. Digital marketing gives you the opportunity to get to know your customers better. In social networks, they can comment and answer questions. You can create a portrait of the target audience based on their profiles.
Five digital trends for your marketing strategy
Back in 2016, Gartner estimated that in 2020, about 30% of sessions on web pages will be without screen involvement. Modern technology Apple AirPods, Google Home and Amazon Echo, Siri, Cortana and others increase the possibilities of voice search.
Since the specifics of voice commands differ from typed text, it's time to pay attention to long natural queries. That is, instead of the usual “buy a phone in Kyiv”, there will be something like.
“where to buy a phone in Kyiv”.
Domino's has implemented a voice control system for Alexa. It is enough for the user to say:
“Alexa, ask Domino’s to feed me!”, Answer a couple of questions and wait for the order.
Chatbots in marketing are a method of optimizing and simplifying communication with your user. According to preliminary forecasts, by 2024 the value of the global chatbot market will exceed $1.34 billion. Evergreen has been implementing and building chatbots for a long time, so you can see our case studies here.
Incorporating chatbots into your marketing strategy will allow you to:
• Simplify communication with customers. The chatbot will respond instantly at any time. This means savings on the customer support department and a faster response time.
• Track the funnel from the interested user to the sale, save and analyze customer data by asking him questions in the chat and getting answers.
• Distribute your materials: news, promotions, etc.
Video content is what users love. Cisco estimates that by 2022, online video will account for
more than 82% of all consumer Internet traffic — 15 times more than in 2017. This does not
mean that you need to quickly create a Youtube channel and inject traffic into it. No, it doesn't
work that way.
Choose what your business needs: short videos/ streams/ AR/VR features?
UnitHome allows you to “walk” around the apartment to evaluate the advantages and disadvantages of layouts. Interactive content encourages the user to take action. Its main advantages are:
• high competitive ability. In the information noise, it is this kind of content that attracts attention;
• Orientation to mobile devices. Games, quizzes, apps are more interesting.
The L'Oreal brand launched the possibility of "online fitting" of cosmetics. On the site, users can test shades in real-time.
One of the areas of development of artificial intelligence is the recognition and interpretation of human emotions and the appropriate response to them. Read more about it here. The most lucrative application for emotional recognition technology is marketing.
For example, by installing an interactive billboard with a camera, you can analyze how and which segment of the audience (gender, age, mood) is affected by one or another advertising. One of the areas of development of artificial intelligence is the recognition and interpretation of human emotions and the appropriate response to them. Read more about it here. The most lucrative application for emotional recognition technology is marketing. For example,
by installing an interactive billboard with a camera, you can analyze how and which segment of
the audience (gender, age, mood) is affected by a particular commercial.
Instead of conclusions
Digital marketing is a flexible, universal channel for communicating with customers and
promoting a company. With it, you can reach out and tell millions of users about your brand